You want your ribs to be fall-off-the-bone tender. The crockpot is a fantastic selection. BUT, how do you go from the ugly mess of the slow cooker to superbly caramelized fall of the bone ribs?
If you just throw ribs and bbq sauce in a slow cooker
My Other Recipes
We uncover the crockpot to be the best method to cook ribs and it is my go-to approach, specifically when cooking for a crowd. Combine the ease of the crockpot with my straightforward secret tip and you’ll have oneself some fairly dang amazing ribs.
- Get rid of the membrane from the back of the ribs. See the video for an simple demo. Just slide your fingers all around the side to loosen it up and rip it proper off.
- Give the ribs a dry rub. This step is optional. Some people like a great dry rub 1st for additional taste.
- Place your ribs in the crockpot . Lather them with barbecue sauce. You can use a homemade sauce like my Raspberry-Chipotle Barbecue Sauce for ribs or a retailer-bought bottle. Just don’t forget to conserve a little bit for later on.
- Cook on lower for eight to ten hours. The far more racks in the pot, the longer you’ll want to cook.
- Gently get rid of the racks and lay them out on a foil lined baking sheet . Include far more barbecue sauce on top.
- Broil beneath a broiler for three-five minutes until the barbecue sauce commences to bubble and caramelize. Alternately you could wrap them in foil and throw them on a heated grill for the exact same impact. I at times do this for crowds and picnics. This keep the ribs warm till prepared to consume and makes it effortless to pass out portions. Take pleasure in!
What kind of ribs ought to I use to make slow cooker ribs?
This recipe and method will function greatest with pork ribs like: infant back ribs, spare ribs, St. Louis design ribs, and nation type pork ribs. For beef brief ribs attempt my slow cooker quick rib recipe or my recipe for classic braised beef brief ribs. If you have a smoker we also extremely advise these Smoked Beef Ribs.
Can I finish my crockpot ribs on the grill alternatively of the oven?
Our secret to crockpot ribs is to caramelize the ribs below the broiler setting in your oven. An additional choice is to put them on the grill to get that additional caramelization. If you decide on to use the grill, place them straight onto the grill (or onto a piece of aluminum foil) above higher heat (500 degrees). Brush them with further barbecue sauce and then shut the lid. Allow them grill for about three-five minutes, until finally the sauce begins to bubble and caramelize.
Professional TIP: 1 of the best guidelines for generating ribs in the crockpot is to use a crockpot liner. These BPA-free of charge plastic bags line your crockpot, making clean up a breeze! No far more scrubbing out caramelized, burnt on sauce! They are great. You can uncover them in your grocery store close to items like aluminum foil and plastic bags. They are a massive time saver.
Observe the video beneath in which Rachel will walk you via every single step of this recipe. Often it helps to have a visual, and we’ve constantly got you covered with our cooking present. You can uncover the total assortment of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Observe, or our Facebook Webpage, or appropriate here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Crock Pot Ribs Recipe
The Secret to Crockpot Ribs (Slow Cooker)
- two racks infant back ribs or pork spare ribs
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- one teaspoon salt
- one teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- one teaspoon ground mustard
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox ?
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent right to you weekly!
Achievement! You are now part of my newsletter (:
My family says these are the ribs I have ever manufactured!
Manufactured this nowadays. Yummy! Everybody loved it. Really easy and easy components. I will be generating it again. Thanks for the recipe!
I produced these tonight for dinner. I utilised half as significantly salt, but otherwise followed exactly. They had been completely tasty, and the entire loved ones asked me to make them once again. Thanks for a basic, super recipe!!
ROBERT CHRISTENSEN says
My twelve 12 months old grandson and I the two enjoy cooking both stove best, oven, gas grill, charcoal grill or smoker…we going to consider the crockpot little one back ribs…..we off to the store to get a couple racks and liner for crockpot…he needs to do it himself so I have been relegated to 2nd fiddle…it is just he and I in our family because his mother passed away five years ago and my wife passed away two years ago. Like I mentioned.we both enjoy cooking and.we are hunting forward to some new adventures….and will keep you posted on recipe successes as well as not so successful for us.
Alan Yurkovic says
Knowing there is a risk of taste and some tenderness, can you adjust to the larger temp for slow cookers and do it in four hours? I do not normally get started by 8am to get completed for four or 5pm. Correct now I boil ribs first, then broil them. I have been waiting to do these in the slow cooker, but a higher temp run is way more feasible.
You can do them on higher, but it’ll take about 6 hours for much more ribs.