Conserve your meat by making your own summertime sausage.
Sausage you do not have to refrigerate? Sausage you can travel with? Crazy, right?!
This recipe for Summer time Sausage is rather handy when you don’t have a fridge or are hittin’ the road.
My grandmother used to practice this recipe to conserve the venison my grandfather would carry property. He was an avid hunter and in people occasions they couldn’t afford a fridge.
Consider this recipe to conserve your venison meat and you are going to have a wonderful-tasting sausage all year long.
Venison Summertime Sausage
- 3 pounds ground venison
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 4 tablespoons quick cure salt
- one/2 teaspoon black pepper
- one/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- one/two teaspoon mustard seed
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- Combine all components in a huge bowl. Refrigerate for 24-48 hours, mixing twice a day.
- Shape into rolls, employing foil or plastic wrap. Twist the ends of the rolls to create a closed seal.
- Boil adequate water in a pot to cover the rolls, and boil among 1 and two hrs. Alternatively, you can area the rolls on a wire rack and bake at 200 degrees for six hrs. Include a shallow pan beneath the wire rack to catch any drippings.
- If boiled, get rid of and poke holes in the foil or plastic wrap to drain the water. If baked, take away the rolls from the oven and allow them rest. Awesome the sausage fully prior to slicing.
- Vacuum sealing for storage is > Photo by means of: Ronkulas
Every thing You Want to Make Sausage
one. Heavy-Duty Stainless Steel High quality Mixing Bow
Decide on which dimension quart you want and get to seasoning your sausage! The stainless steel entire body will resist scratches so this bowl will final a extended time.
two. McCormick Garlic Assortment Pack
This is a quite good deal! Garlic is king when it comes to seasoning. Never get me incorrect, you need plenty of other seasonings, but this is a great begin for your pantry.
three. Reynolds Wrap Pitmaster’s Option Hefty-Duty Aluminum Foil
Do not let the juice escape from the foil! Steer clear of a mess with heavy-duty foil.
This submit was initially published on December 10, 2018.