This submit might contain affiliate hyperlinks. Go through my disclosure policy.
Leftover Turkey Casserole manufactured with leftover turkey, cheesy gravy, and cornbread is the Ideal way to use up Thanksgiving leftovers. It’s rapidly, easy, and prepared in underneath 45 minutes!
We’re Genuinely enthusiastic for the Thanksgiving holiday that is swiftly approaching, and if you take a seem in our kitchen you’ll uncover a whole lot of factors going on like Simple Roasted Turkey Thighs, Crispy Slow Cooker Turkey Breast, and this Slow Cooker Thanksgiving For 2!
LEFTOVER TURKEY CASSEROLE
We usually have a TON of leftovers soon after Thanksgiving, and Leftover Turkey Casserole is exactly how to use them up in the greatest way attainable. It’s creamy and indulgent, completely filling, and reminds you that the holidays aren’t quite above until finally all of the foods is gone.
We’re also thrilled that McCormick Spices has generously sponsored this submit, as we use their goods all the time ad we’re satisfied to be doing work together with them again (we also worked with each other on my Gingerbread Cheesecake, yet another seasonal favourite.)
Most excellent casseroles begin with anything named a roux – a mixture of flour and butter. Right here, serving the perform of the roux, we’ve extra McCormick Simply Better Turkey Gravy and mozzarella cheese to produce a really creamy and flavorful base for our casserole. This gravy holds every thing collectively and makes it something that your loved ones will request each and every single 12 months.
Aside from the turkey, gravy is the star of the show right here, including a TON of flavor and texture to the dish. McCormick Just Much better Turkey Gravy has no MSG, artificial flavors, or colors extra, so I come to feel excellent serving it to my family members. It’s also gluten free, so individuals of you who have stayed away from gravy due to the fact of the flour base can get pleasure from this gravy with no worries. You can even use it for the real holiday, if you want a wonderful gravy that you don’t have the believe also a lot about!
If you’re looking for a dry different as well you can also use the powdered combine McCormick has which has no MSG, no artificial flavors or colors extra. It’s as easy as including water and bringing to a boil. When Thanksgiving is over I truly feel like we have piles of all the leftovers except gravy. Now you can remedy that and maintain Thanksgiving going full steam ahead clear by way of the weekend!
HOW TO MEAL PREP LEFTOVER TURKEY CASSEROLE
- Casseroles are genuinely straightforward to meal prep. Just assemble your elements up till the baking component.
- Cover the casserole tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to one day, until finally you’re prepared to bake.
- You can also assemble and freeze this casserole. Consider it out of the freezer the day before to defrost and refrigerate, then bake as directed when you’re ready.
CAN YOU MAKE LEFTOVER TURKEY CASSEROLE WITH NOODLES?
If you don’t have cornbread, it’s genuinely straightforward to make leftover turkey casserole with noodles. Cook your pasta to al dente. Make the recipe as is, and as an alternative of incorporating the cornbread, include the noodles and stir to mix prior to you bake the casserole.
You can also undoubtedly use dried bread as you would for a classic Easy Apple Sausage Stuffing.
You can also do this casserole with cooked rice. I used cornbread in this recipe due to the fact it’s what I have leftover from Thanksgiving. But it’s not mandatory, as lengthy as you have a starch in there. Use cooked rice, due to the fact uncooked will soak up most of the moisture when you bake it.
WHAT ELSE CAN I DO WITH THANKSGIVING LEFTOVERS?
- Sausage & Egg Skillet With Thanksgiving Leftovers
- Cranberry Harvest Turkey Salad
- Creamy Turkey and Swiss Pasta
- Turkey Moist Maker Sandwich
- Chicken Tetrazinni (just use turkey rather of chicken!)
HOW Extended IS LEFTOVER TURKEY Great FOR?
Leftover turkey will keep for 3-4 days in the fridge, or 2-3 months in the freezer. If we have a whole lot of leftovers, I like to freeze the turkey and use it for recipes later in the month.
WHAT CAN I SERVE WITH LEFTOVER TURKEY CASSEROLE?
Serve leftover turkey casserole with Simple Cranberry Sauce for the total Thanksgiving leftovers knowledge. Include a Traditional Wedge Salad, which is fantastic way to commence a meal with a heavier dish like leftover turkey casserole. Plus it’s an additional veggie!
Guidelines FOR Producing LEFTOVER TURKEY CASSEROLE
- The stage of a Thanksgiving leftover casserole is certainly to use up the leftovers from Thanksgiving, so don’t really feel constrained to this precise recipe. If you have Brussel sprouts, minimize them up and use them as an alternative of green beans. If you don’t have cornbread, use stuffing. You get the idea.
- If you want to make this casserole an additional time of the year, you can very easily swap out the leftover turkey for chicken in this recipe. I’ve even manufactured this with leftovers from my slow cooker rotisserie chicken prior to!
- Uncovering the dish for the last ten minutes of bake time is crucial to obtain a great golden brown on best. You can also turn on the broiler for 2-3 minutes, but watch it closely and don’t go too prolonged.
- Preheat your oven just before adding the casserole, or you could have to add some cook time.
Like this recipe? Save it to your Pinterest board now!